Land Registration in Kerala : Perfect guide for Kerala Registration

0

Land Registration in Kerala : Perfect guide for Kerala Registration

Kerala Registration Department : A  piece of land/property is one of the most important  thing in our life.if you are planning to make a real estate investment in Kerala without an experienced property consultant’s support. Make sure you understand all rules and regulations set forth by the land registration and the steps involved. Here we giving a perfect guide for land registration in Kerala.It will help you to get an idea about land registration.

1. Identify the property

This is the first step in your property registration process. While you are planing to by a property in Kerala,you need to identify the property first.Select a property that should be in your budget range. Then try to negotiate its price, the mode of payment, the occupancy and other details with the seller.

2. Get a Legal Opinion

Before you finalise with the seller, you meet with a lawyer who will help you to get a legal title report of the property you intend to purchase.The legal title report is compiled based on all the general and relevant information that has been collected. It usually takes about 3 to 5 days to prepare and submit a title report.

3. Need a Encumbrance Certificate

An encumbrance certificate is helps you verify whether the immovable property is free from claims such as loans,  leases, unpaid debts, etc.All the details of any transaction on the property will be listed in it.The encumbrance certificate issued by the Sub-Registrar’s office after verification of the relevant property documents and it will insist on a 13-30 years.

4. Check Mutation details

The revenue records of the title of a property is transferred from one person to another is known as Mutation of property.The mutation is required for property tax payment purposes and it is recorded at the municipal offices.You will have to submit an application containing the relevant information on plain paper, along with a non-judicial stamp of relevant value to the Tahasildar of the area.

5. Sign the Agreement

An agreement is a legal written contract between the buyer and the seller in the presence of a witness.The seller agrees to sell his property, and you (the buyer) agree to buy it under the recorded terms and conditions.property value, property extension, period of documentation, advance amount paid, terms regarding property encumbrance, possession, previous document details,and other conditions are mentioned in the agreement.The agreement is prepared on stamp paper and it also includes what kind of legal penalty is to be enforced if the buyer or seller violate the terms of their agreement.

6. Register the Agreement

You should register the sale agreement at the respective sub-register office. You need relevant stamp duty and registration fees to accomplish the Registration process.

7. Buy Stamp Paper and Pay Stamp Duty

You need to purchase the stamp paper in your name from the State Treasury.The value of the stamp actually depends on your purchased property’s price. Visit Kerala Registration Department official website to get the stamp duty rate. In Kerala, the general stamp duty rate is 8% and registration charge is 2%, so total 10%,irrespective of whether the property is located in a Panchayat, Municipality or Corporation.This rate will be revised by the government on a certain interval.

8. Ascertain the Fair Value of the Land

The stamp duty is calculated on the basis of actual sale value of the property. But you also need to be careful that the sale value cannot be lower than the fair value of land which is determined by the government. Usually, the fair value is determined by the government and according to the budget, this value gets revised.

9. Need a Sale Deed

In the 9th stage you need a sale deed which you can easily be drafted by a professional and sagacious person in order to get an error free deed.

10. Register the Land

You should register your land in sub registrar’s office.The registration must be done within the time frame recorded in the sale agreement. 2% of the cost of the land will be charged as registration fees, irrespective of the property’s location.

11.Receive the Documents

After completing the registration,you will get the receipt for the same.You can  collect the documents from the Registration Office after a few weeks.

12. Change the Title of the Property

You have to submit an application with copies of relevant documents in the village office to change the title of the property.This is known as ‘Pokkuvaravu’ in Malayalam. In this process  the revenue record of the property is changed from the seller’s name to your (buyer’s) name.

13. Pay the Property Tax

Once your property is mutated, then you are eligible for paying property tax in your name.  pay the applicable tax in your name in the corresponding village office.

 

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply