How to apply for an international driving license
INTERNATIONAL DRIVING LICENSE: International Driving Permit will be issued to an applicant who holds a valid Indian License and who is a resident of India. The application shall be made in Form IDP or in writing to the RTO within whose jurisdiction the applicant resides, specifying the countries to be visited and the duration of stay etc.
- Valid driving License held by the applicant and copies thereon.
- Three copies of the recent pass port size photographs
- Copies of Passport, Visa and Air ticket for verification
- Receipt for payment of fees of Rs.500/- + Rs.200/-
Follow these steps:
1. Applicaiton available in the office/download from website.
2. IDP Fee of Rs. 500/-†(to be payable at Cash Counter)
3. Original Valid Driving Licence + Passport + Visa + Air Ticket (†with one set xerox copies)†
4. Medical Certificate in form shall be enclosed along with the application.
5. Three†Recent passport size photographs.
6. Candidate shall appear in person.
7. The applicant should be citizen of India.
8. Applicant shall appear for re-test if the Driving Licence issued is within three months.
9. The address in the Driving licence should fall under the jurisdiction of the Regional Transport office to where the application for IDP is being made.